Does it pay to be honest in Malta
Does it pay to be honest in Malta
The true beneficiaries to Malta’s economy today became those that knows how to reap Government benefits and know where all the purposly designed loop holes are in our Social Assistance Laws and policies.
· Malta suddenly is a Country that children don’t know their father, which means Government has to fork out social assistance to Single mothers (that most of them actually know and live with the father),
· father’s don’t even have to support their families as they declare they are not the father (and this is all when DNA technology can verify identity of long dead persons).
· Then there is the issue of broken families, that is another scam into how to reap benefits from Government, just get separated and there is financial Government support while now illegally living together.
· Then there is the illegal employment of our illegal immigrant population, Government pays for all the illegal immigrants’ needs and welfare, including financial well being, while they work and pay nothing, as they find black economy employment.
· Their employers are benefitting from being exempted from paying a minimum wage, long working hours for their employees, no health or other workers benefits, while not having to pay their employees tax or national insurance.
· Drug barons are never caught; some people live unemployed but live extravagant lives.
· Wide spread water theft, including owning browsers and selling the water from illegal water boreholes.
· Court sentencing of obvious crime cases, this include anything from gang rapes to corruption, as long as you know the right people or belong to the right political party then just a slap on the wrist and you are out laughing.
· We also have Presidential pardons for those that steal from the government, be it VAT, motor vehicle licensing tests or just plain crime convictions.
So it pays to be criminally minded in Malta as our Government rewards you for outsmarting him, but you will be well and truly punished for being honest.
Even working for the Government, is a sought after career.
1. A well known secret is that Government employs at a ratio of 10:1or close to that ratio, for even the simplest of jobs.
2. They don’t even punch in to work, so employees are not monitored in or out,
3. They have the option to take a long unpaid leave, often to do other undeclared job and return when you please.
4. Departments just close shop during the 09:00 to 17:00 hours, especially in summer where trying to get a service in afternoons is impossible.
5. Free phones to Government departments, forget it.
6. The payoff to Government subsidized entities, i.e.: Dockyards, it is not bad per se, but it should be at least be made payable to any laid off employee.
7. Non monitoring of Government vehicles and their drivers, there are known cases of health care drivers working at car rental garages or drivers that end up home car and all especially if the official is away from work.
8. Health care professionals, that sees patients privately, so that they get moved up and given advantage from waiting lists at hospital.
9. MEPA’s disgusting decisions in relation to building permits which makes it obvious who’s on the take.
10. Even our higher education is on the take, they invent schemes of stealing public money by having to buy school uniforms from one outlet or books that are available at one outlet, that’s market economy benefitting the consumer.
And a multitude of other deficiencies that have retained the status quo from the middle ages and still practiced today. Reform has been on the Government agenda all my working life, but never seems to get carried out, in every past Government legislation. At election time, which seems to become a Government employment season for vote stunts. Then our Government keeps demanding efficiency and an honest day’s work, how can that be done if his workforce is undisciplined and rewarded for stealing their public paid wages
The benefit in lack of proper Government management and good governance in Malta is due to weak and split workers unions. They are truly a waste of membership money spent by workers as they just don’t care about their members, all their priorities lies in supporting and giving advantage to either of the political parties. GWU enjoys LP support and the remaining Unions spare a few supports the PN party especially UHM and CMTU. If Unions were honest and truly working in the interest of the workers, then the workers shouldn’t be in the mess they are in to make ends meet. With workers’ rights treaded upon by the Government while the Government is left wasting public money on Governmental inefficiencies and the National Social Assistance programs are not verified, that only those that are in need are benefitting from the system.
There are the few odd and far between cases that they reached common ground, but most of the time one would think that the Government is the member of those unions, save the GWU that is mostly always against both the PN Government and other Unions. Now if LP was in Government the Unions attitude also changes, that is for GWU all the Government does will be acceptable but for most of the other Unions especially UHM and CMTU it will be unacceptable.
The loser is always the worker that gets battered by Government measures with Unions fighting each other due to their loyalty and support for political parties
No comments yet.